The development of Self-Awareness can help to facilitate greater Self-Esteem and confidence.
Put simply, Self-Awareness is the ability to know oneself!
One way to increase Self-Awareness is to ask yourself questions like this:
- What do I want in life?
- What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- What motivates you and makes you happy?
- What would you change about your life?
- What have you achieved up till now?
- How do I relate to others?
- What could I do, to improve as a person?
- What are my important beliefs and values?
- How do you see yourself as a person?
- Do I have Emotional intelligence
- What are my habits?
The process of Counselling provides the opportunity for the client to be their authentic self in a safe and confidential environment, one that allows a person to talk openly and honestly.
Talking to a professional, can help us to understand and sometimes question our belief system, defense mechanisms and triggers, in turn, this can help to raise Self-Awareness and stimulate the desire to make positive change.